Combo EFDA & Radiology – Saturday (3/20)
Date and Time:
March 20, 2021 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Total Seats 10
About The Classes
This is a one day course for a dental assistant who has been formally trained by a licensed dentist for a minimum of three months. Students in the EFDA/XRAY combo class must be proficient in all areas of expanded duties and radiographic functions in a clinical setting as listed below. This course has a blended format with 2 online study modules and quizzes as well as a clinical portion in our facility.
After submitting your verification of employment, passing the online exams with a grade of 80% or better and performing radiographic and expanded function skills in our clinical setting, a certificate will be issued. Class size is limited to 10 students.
Students attending must bring with them to the class: a 4 hole motor (slow-speed)& straight attachment, acrylic bur, safety glasses, mask and a basic set-up (mirror, explorer, air/water tip). These instruments are not provided but may be rented for $50. The instrument rental fee must be paid prior to class.
XRAY Program Objective:
To certify a dental assistant in the radiographic procedures listed below as prescribed by the Florida Board of Dentistry.
Radiographic Functions Performed:
- Equipment Identification Radiographic Anatomy
- Radiography Practice Radiographic Film
- Radiation Biology Radiographic Techniques
- Units of Measure Radiographic Development
- Types of Exposure Radiographic Processing
- Doses Supplemental Technique
- Tissue Sensitivity Infection Control
- X-Ray Protection
EFDA Program Objective:
To certify a dental assistant in the expanded functions procedures listed below as prescribed by the Florida Board of Dentistry.
Expanded Functions Performed:
- Alginate Impressions Retraction Cord
- Temporary Restorations Suture Removal
- Periodontal Dressing Fluorides
- Topical Anesthetic Sealants
- Polishing Matrices
- Dental Dams Charting
- Temporary Crown & Bridge Fabrication